Current Must Have Essential Oils No. 6
I’s been a while since I’ve done a must have oils post but I figured it was time for a new one! As you may or may not know Doterra oils are a massive part of my every day life. i use them all day for most things you can think of. There’s so many different oils and sometimes it’s hard to get use out of all of them at once but I’ve definitely been reaching for these the most lately.
Vetiver has been on my list of oils I need to get for quite some time and so I was chuffed when I finally got it. The first night I used it I put it on the bottom of my feet at bedtime but I have to say I could not handle the smell of it on it’s own. It was just a bit too much for me at first. I did sleep good that night though which was the point so…worth it! Vetiver is known for calming uneasy, anxious, stressed feelings so it’s the perfect oil to reach for when you’re just feeling a bit on edge. It has an extremely grounding effect which also makes it a great oil to incorporate into a yoga or meditation routine. I currently combine it with Balance and Serenity in a roller ball and use it over my heart and bottoms of my feet to help when I’m feeling extra anxious. The smell is definitely woodsy and can be strong but the benefits of this oil are the absolute best.
- Place 10 drops of each Vetiver, Balance, and Serenity in a roller ball and fill with fractionated coconut oil. Use over wrists, heart, and bottom of feet when feeling anxious.
- Rub Vetiver on bottoms of feet at bedtime to help promote a restful nights sleep.
- Put 5–10 drops of vetiver oil in your bath water to help with relaxation.
- Place 3 drops of Vetiver and 2 drops each of Lavender and Ylang Ylang in a diffuser to calm your nerves and create a peaceful state of mind.
I know summer is practically over but this has been my absolute go to this summer to help prevent and also treat bug bites. I have just been getting absolutely chewed up this summer and it’s been miserable. Since I don’t want to have to spray myself with bug spray all day I just roll this on the backs of my legs and go about my day. If I do get some bites I just put a little bit of this on there and the itching stops immediately. Terrashield is a topical and aromatic blend that contains Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Catnip, Lemon Eucalyptus, Litsea, Nootka, Arborvitae, and Vanilla Bean Absolute.
- Combine Terrashield with fractionated coconut oil in a rollerball for easy application. Apply to legs and arms while outside (or even indoors) to help protect from any unwanted pests hanging about.
- Add 3-4 drops to a diffuser in order to have the many of the same benefits of a bug repellent candle.
- If you have terrashield in a spray bottle you can spray around your doors and windows to help keep bugs out.
Eucalyptus is one of those great multi-purpose oils that’s definitely a must have in your collection. It’s beneficial for cleaning, helping when you’re tense, it helps clear your sinuses, and so much more. It’s one of those oils that I just love to open the bottle and smell straight from there. It’s such a wonderful scent and the benefits are amazing. Even just inhaling eucalyptus can help give you an energy boost. Eucalyptus has purifying properties which makes it great for cleaning and especially oral hygiene.
- To create an all-purpose cleaning spray combine mix 10 drops of Eucalyptus oil, Peppermint oil, and Wild Orange oil with 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 3/4 cup water in a 16. oz glass spray bottle. Shake well to combine all ingredients and use as an all-purpose cleaner.
- Add two drops of eucalyptus in a small dish and place in your shower to create a eucalyptus steam shower. This will help open your sinuses and give you an anergy boost
- Combine eucalyptus with a carrier oil or a lotion and use as a massage oil to help relieve tension and help give your skin the moisturizing benefits of eucalyptus.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these or learning more about essential oils you can visit www.mydoterra.com/sarawdoterra
Undiluted oils may cause reactions if you have sensitive skin. If you are using oils topically be sure to make sure you won’t have any reactions to them. If they are too strong for you then use them with a carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil) to dilute them. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links meaning if you buy from the link I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me continue to bring you free content to this site.