These pumpkin pie oats have been my go to breakfast throughout the past couple of months. Once all the pumpkin stuff hits shelves in stores it all sounds amazing. I saw pumpkin spice oats but I was like meh I’ll do that myself thank you very much.
To make anything pumpkin it’s pretty straightforward because literally all you need is to add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and there you go. I mean you need to make it taste good and stuff but the basic plan of attack is really simple.
This is essentially just pumpkin pie filling without the eggs and milk. It tastes pretty much just like pumpkin pie which is exactly what you want. Then once you add it into the oats you have delicious pumpkin oatmeal.
Steel cut oats are one of the very best things to eat for breakfast. They are loaded with health benefits like a low glycemic index, which helps prevent rapid peaks and dips in blood glucose levels. They can help reduce your blood pressure and they can are rich in fiber and give you a good amount of protein to start your day. It’s especially helpful during this time of year when you need to get in all the healthy meals you can to balance out all the other good stuff you’re eating.
If you do try this or any other recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #modernlittlevictories on Instagram! I’d love to hear what you think and see what you create in your kitchen.
- ¼ cup GF steel cut oats
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Pumpkin seeds (optional for serving)
- Bring water to a boil in a small sauce pan. Once boiling add oats and cook for 15-20 minutes or until desire texture is reached.
- In a small pan melt butter over medium heat. Add in pumpkin puree and stir.
- Put sugar, syrup, spices, & almond milk in the pumpkin. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn heat down to low if oats are still cooking. Being careful to stir it and not let it burn.
- Once oats are done stir in about 2 tbsp of the pumpkin pie mix.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and serve.