If you ever want to impress your friends and family with a pastry that they will think took you hours to make but really is the easiest thing ever then this is the recipe for you.
Puff pastry is obviously something you can make from scratch but it’s so time consuming and sometimes you just need to do things the easy way.
You don’t have to tell people that though. I’m not suggesting you lie I’m just saying you could omit the fact that you didn’t actually make the pastry and I’m telling you people will be so impressed with you for making these pastries.They are reminiscent of anything you would find at a pastry shop and so easy to make that it’s ridiculous.
You could also use whatever fruit you want. Strawberries, cherries, no fruit, blackberries, mixed berries, whatever your heart desires.
It’s just a fun easy dessert that literally anyone can make. No excuses about it. If you can stir stuff and cut stuff then you can do this!
If you do try this or any other recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #modernlittlevictories on Instagram! I’d love to hear what you think and what you create in your kitchen.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 oz cream cheese (vegan or regular), softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- optional: ½ cup powdered sugar & 2-3 tbsp water for icing (mix in water a little at a time)
- Preheat oven to puff pastry package directions.
- While puff pastry is defrosting mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- After the pastry is defrosted cut into 9 even rectangles and then in the center of each pastry score a rectangle around the edge where your cream cheese will go. Being careful not to cut all the way through. You just want a bit of a guide for where the pastry will puff up around the filling.
- Top each pastry with fresh blueberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and once cool top with icing.