Sometimes you just need butter, cheese, and carbs. All at once. In one delicious pasta dish that you can stuff your face with and then not feel guilty about at all because who needs that kind of negativity in their life? Not me. Especially not when it comes to pasta.
I would genuinely eat pasta every single day if I could. But you know the whole moderation thing rears its dumb head and I have to remind myself that’s probably not a wise choice. If it were though…watch out.
This recipe is actually adapted from a local Italian restaurant in my hometown. It’s genuinely the easiest dish ever but like I said, it’s lots of butter, cheese, and pasta all at once so even though I could make it all the time at home I try not to.
I hadn’t made this pasta in quite a long time in fact but it’s been calling my name forever. And I figured I owed it to all of you to share the recipe so really I just made it for you. Not me.
The first time I had it was when one of my family members ordered it and I was absolutely befuddled by it. Jalapenos in pasta? Seemed sacrilege if you ask me. In reality though it was quite the revelation. Okay well there is probably no other circumstance where I would put jalapenos in pasta other than this one but it just works here.
You just have to try it for yourself though because I know it really does come off as a little curious at first. And while I’m normally a believer in using as many fresh ingredients as possible the pickled jalapenos are necessary. I’ve never tried it with fresh jalapenos but it just wouldn’t be the same. You can however get really crazy and just go full on butter if you’re feeling naughty but I tried to lighten it up a tiny amount (I can hear you laughing at me) by using olive oil as well.
Other than the chopping there isn’t a lot of fuss to this dish so it would be perfect for a weeknight or a weekend. Serve it up with a big side salad and you’re good to go!
If you do try this or any other recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #modernlittlevictories on Instagram! I’d love to hear what you think and what you create in your kitchen.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- ¾ cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil over high heat. Once boiling add salt and turn to medium and add your pasta. Cook to package instructions.
- In a medium skillet melt the butter over medium high heat. Adding in the oil, scallions, and jalapenos. Let cook until onions are cooked. About 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Once your pasta is done drain and add into a serving dish. Pour the sauce over, add mozzarella, and stir until combined. Serve hot and enjoy!