Hi Stranger Friends! It’s about that time again when another month it’s over and I’ve picked a few things that I fancied all month to share with you. How was your March? Is the weather warmer were you are (or cooler if you’re on the other end of the world)? Did anything exciting happen to you? I hope you all had a great month and here’s to a better April! But for now I bring to you some of my favorites for the past four weeks. What things did you love this month? I’d love to know!
- Marc Anthony Sea Salt Spray: I recently chopped off all my hair into a long bob, a lob if you will, but sometimes I don’t like the way that it looks when it’s just completely straight. So I’ve taken to rocking the “messy waves” look. I use a wand to give it the waves and then I finish it off with this sea salt spray to give it more texture and it works like a charm. It also smells amazing. I like this one though because it works but it doesn’t leave your hair totally crunchy and gross. I’ve used other sea salt sprays that you can only use for one day and then you have to wash your hair. I have really really curly hair so I can’t wash my hair every day or else I would lose my sanity. So this sea salt is perfect in that it will last a few days without making my hair too stiff.
- Marc Anthony Argan Oil Hair Spray: This is also another one I use with the sea salt to get my hair to hold the way I want it without it leaving my hair totally crunchy and hard. I try not to use a lot of hair spray but sometimes you just need a little. This one also smells amazing. It’s really light-weight but offers great hold and smells amazing.
- Watermelon Water: Move over coconut water, there’s a new HBIC when it comes to fruit waters. I actually don’t really like coconut water on it’s own so when I discovered this watermelon water I was more than keen to try it. I’m quite obsessed with watermelon and everything that tastes like watermelon. This just happens to be made out of nothing but actual watermelon so that was even more of a win for me. It’s like drinking summer in a bottle. It’s also great for hydration and a fun option to mix it up from just plain water. There’s no added sugar and it’s packed with potassium and vitamin C.
- Plnt Protein Powder: My favorite question I get is well how do you get your protein? And my response is I eat things with protein. While I normally just eat plant based protein food I do sometimes supplement with this protein powder. It’s all completely vegan and free of soy, nuts, artificial colors or flavors and more. I use the vanilla powder in a smoothie with banana, blueberries, and spinach. The chocolate powder is great with just water a banana and ice. I tend to use that one after I go to the gym or if I just can’t be bothered to have anything else for breakfast. Either way I really recommend this if you’re looking for a new protein powder that is completely plant based!
- The Late Late Show With James Corden – I first became aware of James Corden when he played Craig in one of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who “The Lodger” and later reprising the role in “Closing Time.” He was so funny and I would not have been opposed to Craig having been a companion during Matt Smith’s time as The Doctor. Speaking of Matt Smith…the fact that he has not been on the Late Late Show is probably my only complaint about the show. They were hilarious together on Doctor Who and so I found myself paying more attention to James Corden. I watched A League of Their Own on youtube and needless to say I was absolutely thrilled when it was announced that he was going to take over for Craig Ferguson. I know most people here in the States had absolutely no idea who he was but I knew he was going to crush it. He just finished his first year and he did not disappoint. The show is witty and clever and he keeps finding ways to reinvent and shake up late night TV. If you’ve never at least seen his Carpool Karaoke segment on youtube then I think you’ve been living under a rock. They are hilarious and nothing pleases me more than when his Carpool companions realize he can actually sing. His bits where he and actors go through their movie history in like 10 minutes are just as funny. And let us not forget the time that he played a riveting game of Tattoo Roulette with One Direction which resulted in Harry getting an actual tattoo on the show and almost killed poor Niall just by the thought of him having to maybe get a tattoo. By far my favorite thing though was the episode a few weeks ago when they actually filmed the show in some random person’s home. It turned out to be 4 roomates and it is one of the funniest hours of television I have seen. I was in stitches laughing as he and the guests played hide & seek in their house. I sort of want him to film the show from a stranger’s house at least once a week. Overall, it’s a fun time and there’s always bound to be something that will make you laugh.
- The 1975 “I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It” – I feel as if I need to put a disclaimer or something since I’m including this. I waffled on it but decided that since it’s an album I listened to quite often I had to include it. I obviously really like the music it’s just the people I have an issue with. I don’t know Matt Healy and I don’t want to be one of those people that talks shit on the Internet about people I don’t know. He’s just one of those guys that really rubs me the wrong way though. I feel like if you’re the type of person to belittle someone who has only been kind to you (and even offered to give you $5,000 when he didn’t know you were pranking him) then that kind of just makes you a d-bag. So I’m writing this while not condoning a lot of the stuff that Matt Healy has ever done or said. But if I ignore that and just focus on the music then I am here for it. I liked their first album (Sex and The City are such jams) but I sort of didn’t pay much attention to them after a couple listens. Then The Sound started playing on the radio a lot and I just couldn’t help but dance along and sing out loud every time I heard it. I didn’t want to like it but I really did. Then they released the album and songs like Love Me, Somebody Else, and This Must Be My Dream totally sucked me in. There’s such an 80s vibe, I mean the electric guitar in Love Me is so so great, while still being modern and fun and most of the songs you can just crank up and dance to. I super love listening to this album while I’m cooking especially. There’s the slower songs too like If I Believe you which is a really beautiful song and then there’s Nana which will totally tug at your heart strings. I mean I still have my issues with the pretentiousness of a lot of the album but overall it’s a fun album to just sort of try to not take too seriously and have on while you’re getting stuff done.
- Diva Cup: Alright lets get weird for a minute, okay well it’s not weird because it’s totally just a part of life for ladies but I did wonder for a minute if it would be weird to talk about this. This discovery is far too great to not mention though and it’s time to stop being embarrassed about something that we can’t avoid. So with that I bring you the diva cup a.k.a menstrual cup. I won’t go into too much detail since you can go on their website and learn more. It’s environmentally friendly, easy to use, you can wear it for up to 12 hours, and it’s far kinder on your wallet than buying tampons all the time. It is a little tricky to use and does require a bit more time but it’s so so worth it. If you’ve ever wondered about trying one then I’m here to tell you that it’s time to just do it. Cotton is so full of nasty toxic crap that we really shouldn’t be putting in our body and this is a far better and safer alternative.