- Sewing: I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I absolutely love it to bits. It’s something I’ve wanted to learn for a while so I’m finally glad I’m getting the chance. So far I’ve only made purses and pillowcases but I’m getting the hang of it. There was also a failed attempt at turning a t-shirt that was too small for me into a tote bag but I digress. Overall, it’s been a lot of fun and there are a million and two things I can’t wait to make.
- Coloring Books: Shocking right? Complete revelation and original idea as hobbies go these days. Ha! I’m pretty sure everyone and their grandma has an adult coloring book lying around now but for good reason. Who doesn’t love to color? Some people do it to relax but I just do it because I enjoy it. It’s just another creative outlet and I’m all for that. Currently I’ve been working on the Harry Potter coloring book which I absolutely love because let’s face it there are few things in life I love more than Harry Potter.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: I have really, really curly hair but I only wear it straight. Which means I let my hair go a few days between washes partly because I want to keep it from drying out too much and also because I can’t be bothered to mess with it. Enter at stage right: dry shampoo. I have tried a numerous amount of brands but my favorite by far is Batiste. No matter which one I try it smells amazing and I’ve never had it leave any kind of residue in my hair. It soaks up any extra oil without a problem and adds volume at the same time.
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick: Matte lip products are my favorite. I don’t know why I love them so much but I do. This one goes on easy and has a great matte finish. It does tend to get a little wonky after you’ve been wearing it for a while but I can live with that. I have the color tea & cookies but it comes of lots of vibrant colors.
- L’oreal Infallible Foundation: I’m always on the hunt for new foundations. I quite like this one it has a nice coverage and it really does seem to stay put. I’ve obviously never worn it for 24 hours so I don’t know if the claims stand but no one really needs make up that will last 24 hours do they? If you do I have questions. Mostly, why? Anyway, this one is worth a try. I especially like the bottle that it comes in because you can just squeeze some right on your face instead of having to put it on your hand or something first.
- L’oreal Stylist Brow Plumper: I have the transparent version of this since I do fill my eyebrows in first and sometimes I just want something to keep it in place without making them any darker. This keeps my brows in place and still has the fibers that fill in for that look of thicker brows without the color.
- Maybelline Master Hi-Light: This is the only highlighter I’ve been using lately but it is a little bit strange. It’s branded as a blush but it has a ton of shimmer. I have the Pink Rose version which I think makes it a little harder to use because the pink is too pink for a highlight but it’s too much of a highlighter for a blush. I do really like it though if I pick just the right colors it’s a fantastic highlight.
- Galavant: I think most people have been sleeping on this show but I am here to tell you that you are missing out big time. I’ll admit I shrugged it off at first but turns out it is hysterical from the very start. Joshua Sasse (Galavant) and Timothy Omundson (King Richard) play their respective parts perfectly. I might actually laugh at every single thing that comes out of King Richard’s mouth. It will remind you Monty Python in all the best ways all while still being completely relevant to the present day, medieval skype anyone? There’s also a ton of Game of Thrones references that make you think maybe Jon Snow could just travel out of Westeros to Valencia and team up with Galavant and leave all the crazies to sort out that mess themselves. Galavant is literally a barrel of laughs and tons of fun. The season 2 finale airs tonight and I for one hope that this won’t be the end.
- One Direction: Yes I truly mean that and believe me when I say you should give them a go. They released their 5th LP ‘Made in the A.M.’ back in November and I have been listening to it nonstop since the beginning of December. As their sound has progressed I’ve enjoyed them more and more (like I totally watched and enjoyed their live concert DVD when it was released in 2014) so it’s no surprise that this album was the one that sucked me in completely. I’m not kidding when I say the album is Fleetwood Mac meets Paul Simon meets the Beatles with still a hint of the pop music that made them popular in the first place. I know some music snobs would say that its sacrilege to compare them to the artists I referenced but if you can listen to Walking in the Wind and not immediately think of Paul Simon or What a Feeling without getting major Fleetwod Mac vibes then you should probably get your ears checked. They aren’t just your teenage daughters One Direction anymore. The boys are growing up and their music is as well. It’s definitely an album that won’t be moving out of my rotation any time soon.
- Yoga With Adriene: The Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel has been by far my favorite thing as far as health and wellness goes for this month. I just finished her Yoga Camp, which was 30 straight days of yoga. I’m always amazed at the difference I can feel between day 1 and day 30. It’s quite incredible and shows just how much it really works. She focused a lot on mantras as well which just added a whole other level to the camp. Even if you don’t do the yoga camp she has a ton of other videos to suite your needs. I highly recommend checking her out if you have any interest in yoga whether you are a complete beginner or just looking to continue your practice.